Give purchasing power to your customers with Retail POS
Deliver the “wow” with Intel® technology
Personalizing the point of sale
Ringing up sales is just the beginning for the modern point-of-sale (POS) device. This retail touchpoint can also bring marketing, pricing, inventory control, customer service, and loyalty program support to the sales transaction, elevating shopper engagement and optimizing sales opportunities where it matters most. All these features add up to the highly customized and personal shopping experiences that customers love and savvy retailers deliver.
Mobile POS creates a fluid retail environment
The point-of-sale is now mobile. No longer tethered to the cash-wrap stand, POS can be anywhere that shoppers are ready to buy, in any location throughout the store. Using tablets and other devices, sales associates can meet the shopper at their point of need, answering questions, checking inventory, ordering merchandise, looking up product information, and processing a sales transaction. Customers can even use their own mobile devices as POS solutions. Check out the Thinkpad Tablet 2* mPOS solution.
Online convenience meets physical engagement
Networked POS combines the convenience of the online shopping experience with the immediate gratification of in-store purchasing. These systems make it easy to locate an item, make sure it’s right, complete the transaction, and take it home the same day. If a desired item is not in stock at that location, that same POS solution can be used to track it to a different store, place the order, and have it shipped directly to the consumer. Talk about convenience!
POS is your omni-channel gateway
POS systems connect all the threads of your company’s omni-channel experience, where shoppers enjoy a consistent and seamless engagement regardless of the device or channel in use. When POS connects to the Web, social media, and mobile devices, it becomes an important omni-channel conduit and an engaging access point to a wealth of information—for consumers and retailers alike.
Manage your systems and marketing content easily
Networked POS systems are not only critical to the omni-channel, they allow for a more personalized engagement with shoppers. Consider:
- Remote management. Connecting networks with Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) allows retail administrators to manage all systems at once, reduce energy consumption, and take advantage of security and maintenance options such as system diagnosis.
- Reduced energy and maintenance costs. Because systems can be managed remotely, retailers can turn off all POS systems overnight to increase energy savings. It also reduces maintenance truck rolls, lowering operational expenses for retailers.
- Delivery of digital content to every screen. Optimizing the customer experience is the focus of Intel® Retail Client Manager (Intel® RCM), an intelligent software solution that enables you to deliver digital content to every screen—including the marketing messages displayed on your POS systems—with greater impact, when and where it matters most. Reach specific audiences in a timely manner, remotely manage your messages in near real time, and launch customized content dynamically.
- Targeting and personalization. Similar to web-based shopping, point-of-sale systems connected to a network can provide customer reviews, identify returning shoppers, and record shopping histories. Going one step further, Intel® Audience Impression Metrics Suite (Intel® AIM Suite) gives retailers the power to anonymously identify the characteristics of each passing shopper and dynamically adapt marketing messages accordingly.
- Security. Using a combination of hardware authentication and end-to-end encryption, Intel® Data Protection Technology for Transactions is designed to secure both credit and debit—and personal data—from the moment a transaction is initiated all the way through the storage of the encrypted information on retailer and bank server networks. With Intel Data Protection Technology for Transactions, consumer data is well-protected, malware attacks are more likely to be prevented, and retailers are set up with a flexible and future-proof solution that simplifies end-point authentication, reduces security worries, and increases POS choice.
Retail solutions catalog
Expand your business and drive new revenue with Intel® technology-based solutions.
Intel® Solution Partner Network
Find vendors that can help you design and deploy amazing retail solutions.
POS market segment overview
Learn about new opportunities enabled by POS systems in the retail marketplace.
Tools and resources
Software and hardware developers: Get the technical resources and tools you need for your retail designs.
The Connected Store
Kiosks are just one component of Intel’s vision for the Connected Store.