At first glance, delaying the replacement of older PCs may seem like a prudent cost-saving strategy; however, in the long run, the rising cost to support an aging PC will begin to eclipse any savings expected by delaying the purchase of a replacement—and may even cost your company more money.
Increasingly complex software, new cloud-based computing applications, and even Internet downloads can slow the performance of outdated hardware. Worse yet, older PCs are often more susceptible to new, aggressive security attacks. Upgrading to new PCs equipped with 3rd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors can help address these challenges.
Intel Core vPro processors not only give users the speed they need to enhance productivity, they also help avoid escalating software and hardware support costs as well as the potential expense of combating security threats.1
Taking a more methodical approach to PC lifecycle management can give you a clear picture of the optimal PC refresh cycle by looking at variable costs over the life of a PC, factoring in acquisition costs as well as deployment, maintenance, and support.
It’s more than an upgrade. It’s embedded security technology from Intel.2
New PCs powered by 3rd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors can provide an added layer of protection for your customers and business data. That’s because 3rd generation Intel Core vPro processors come with embedded security designed to address your key IT concerns, including:
- Powerful threat management capabilities that protect PCs against viruses, malware, and rootkits
- Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT)3that strengthens authentication and protects passwords to help keep access points to your business safer
- Faster encryption that provides seamless protection of important business data without slowing performance, which enhances productivity4
- A suite of manageability capabilities that delivers responsive performance that adapts to your users needs
- Remote, automated fleet management capabilities that make PC support more efficient while reducing costs
Enhanced security now built into innovative form factors
Exciting new thin and light laptops and space-saving, all-in-one desktops powered by 3rd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors offer unprecedented data protection, whether users are working on the road or in tight quarters.